Sunday, April 18, 2010

My pram addiction

My little girl isn't even 2 yet and I have had more prams that i can remember. I did take photos of some of them so i will upload a few and write a small bit about each pram.
I didn't know the sex of the baby when i was pregnant, i wanted it left as a surprise. So I bought the prams because i liked them not for colour choice.
I'll do them in a list as it makes it a little easier for me.

Maxi cosi mura 4
I bought this while still pregnant with Caoimhe. It was a fantastic blue. This is one of my favourite prams. It has 4 large air filled wheels great for walking. The seat can face either direction too. It has a great hood and a lovely T bar instead of a bumper bar adding a bit of fun.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Maxi cosi cabrio
I bought this car seat because after alot of research it came out on top. It matched my maxi cosi mura too, it was the same blue colour.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quinny Buzz
I did like this pram but not the little hard front wheel. I had the 2006 model with larger hood. It was a lovely pram with amazing unfold feature, it unfolded by itself. This also took the maxi cosi cabrio car seat. Mine was a black colour with a slight purple in parts.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Love n Care Europa
This is very similar to the popular Phil and Teds double pram. I prefer this over the phil and teds the hood is much larger and the over feel of the pram was sturdy. It held my son in the rear seat and daughter in the front and i still pushed it one handed! It came with footmuff, double raincover and double seat and was 100euro cheaper then the cheapest Phil and Teds. I would say it was the best double i used.
Photobucket
Mama and Papa Luna
I liked this buggy. It was a lightweight stroller that would be used more in a city centre or shopping center. It was not much use on the country roads where i live. I did enjoy using it though. It has a full handle bar meaning you can push one handed. The downside was the "floating harness" i found this feature to be very dangerous. My daughter could easily lean over while straped into the harness.
Photobucket
Bugaboo Frog
What a gorgeous pram. You can see why they are expensive. The materials in this pram are so lush. When in pram mode its so comfy for baby, then as baby grows you change it into stroller mode. This was a great one to push on the country roads. Suspension was great to.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Micralite Toro
This is another favourite for a child between 6-18 months. Its lovely to push and really light. The recline and fold are so simple on this buggy. It has two large rear air filled wheels with two small plastic front wheels. The handle bar it shaped like a bulls horns. Easy to use single hand or with two.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mama and papa Pliko pramette P3
I bought this and hated it. It was heavy even without a child in it. The handles felt so flimsy as did the frame. It does have a little step on the back allowing a toddler to jump on board but to be honest i had trouble pushing this with my daughter so didn't try it with my son on too.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Maclarean Quest
I swapped this with a friend for a week or two. It is a lovely stroller but wouldnt be for everyday use unless you lived in a well paved city. It was great in shops, light nippy and narrow. But the wheels have zero suspension and wear down quickly. The harness clip is good, it has an extra button behind the harness so your child cannot open it.
Photobucket
Bebe confort streety
This is one of the buggies i hated!! It is almost impossible to lift up a kurb as its so heavy. The handle bar is dangerous because this is where you fold the buggy. If you twist the handle even slightly the buggy starts to fold. Not good.
Photobucket
Bugaboo Bee 2007
This was my all time favourite buggy until they released the new bee plus.
I loved everything about this. It was small, light, nippy and easy for fold WITH the seat unit on. It has enough suspension to allow me take walks on the country roads with Caoimhe getting jolted everywhere. The hood is huge and covers the baby really well. The seat unit can face either direction and its suitable from birth.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Thats some of them ha ha. These are a few that i had that i don't have photos of.
Quinny zapp in mauve.
Maclarean volo in yellow and blue.
Maclarean twin traveller in navy.
Micralite fastfold in red.
Tuetonia YK2 in navy.
Bebe confort Loola in blue.

Can't think of the others off the top of my head.

I'm using the new Bugaboo bee plus 2010. But that is for a post all on its own.

1 comment: