Sunday, April 18, 2010

First attempt at making a buggy liner

This was my first attempt to make a buggy liner.
I bought the fabric from Ebay, i found some lovely Micheal Miller fabric and decided thats what i would use.
I had an old toro liner that i was going to re-cover but decided against it.
Photobucket
these are the two pieces of fabric and the old toro liner.

I can't remember the dimensions i used but they were a bit biger than the dimensions on a maclaren stroller.
I sewed the pieces together like a pillowcaes. I sewed two pieces of fleece onto the material as a wadding.
Once i had done all three sides i turned the liner the right way around (pulling all the material through)
Once i had checked for holes i closed the bottom.
Here is how it looked at that stage.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I used two different materials on the one liner to make it reversable.

Once the bugaboo Bee plus arrived i measured up the holes for the harness. I just cut them with a blade and sewed around the edges to keep the material tight.
I also made three holes in the top and these fit snugly over the same buttons that the canopy fits on.

Here is the finished product.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I LOVE these! Are you making them to sell? If you are I'd really appreciate it if you could get in touch, my email is kim@kimc84.plus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im not making these to sell sorry, i wouldnt say they are good enough to sell..... maybe with a bit more practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I wish I could make something like this... I stumbled upon your blog whilst searching for a buggi liner that would be made to fit my maxi cosi mura 4... I see this is a pram that you did have and wondered if you know of a liner that is specificity made so that the T bar can still be used?
    My email is evejones83@yahoo.co.uk

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete